sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2024 9:41 am  #1

Lisa Williams retiring from CKLW

It's the end of an era at AM800 CKLW.Lisa Williams, the longtime co-host of The Morning Drive has announced her retirement.
She will be turning off her microphone for the final time on Friday, May 31.Williams' has been a part of AM800 since 1986, starting out as a board op.
She also did part time sales along with part time on air work in 1988. In 1992, Williams became the full time co-host of the morning show alongside the late Cam Gardiner.In 2003, Gardiner retired and was replaced by current co-host Mike Kakuk.
Williams made the official announcement live on-air Friday morning on AM800.
"It's been an honour and a privilege to have connected with our morning listeners for almost four decades. My role on The Morning Drive has always been a labour of love, but I've decided to make this change because there are many more things I want to do," said Williams. "I'm grateful for having the opportunity to work alongside so many remarkable and talented people who have left a mark on my heart. Our show has always been about the listeners. It has been a shared experience, a daily ritual, and a platform for connection as the day begins. The support of our incredible audience has made The Morning Drive not just a radio show, but a community."
Her passion for sharing stories affecting the local community has resonated with listeners and played a pivotal role in supporting AM800 as the most dependable source of information for the Windsor-Essex region. After 38-years, Williams says she's looking forward to more time with family, traveling, and continuing her involvement in local causes and community events.The Morning Drive is the #1 morning show in Windsor-Essex.It airs weekday mornings from 5 a.m. until 9 a.m.

Last edited by WindsorWatcher (April 5, 2024 10:42 am)