sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2024 9:20 am  #1

Buffalo Ratings For March Show Winners & Losers

The usual two suspects that top the list have actually gained a point or two - and they couldn't be more different. Urban WBLK continues its dominance in the early spring book, followed by country-formatted WYRK.

I'm always amazed by the strength of the classic hits format in the Buffalo market - WHTT gained a full share point in the survey, while WGR-AM lost some ground, likely on the record of the sports teams in town. They dropped from a 5.5 in February to a 4.9 in March. How long before the Bills season starts again?

The numbers are for 12+, which means other demos might show different results. See them here. 

April 28, 2024 12:09 pm  #2

Re: Buffalo Ratings For March Show Winners & Losers

RadioActive wrote:

I'm always amazed by the strength of the classic hits format in the Buffalo market

Pretty standard/Average

#5 in Buffalo
#4 in New York
#1 in LA
#7 in Chicago
#3 in Dallas

and of course, usually Top 3 in Toronto.

April 28, 2024 12:57 pm  #3

Re: Buffalo Ratings For March Show Winners & Losers

I think the strength and longevity of both WBLK and WYRK is maybe the most interesting fact about Buffalo ratings.  WBLK and WYRK have a long successful and more consistent history in their respective formats.  These two stations usually bounce between the number one position Buffalo and have for years.