sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2024 11:36 am  #1

Speaking of "spineless"...

After yesterdays rip-roaring fireworks display in the House of Commons I got to thinking about a recent event south of the border

What is wrong with the U.S. media?

Less than a week ago the White House correspondents association held their annual awards dinner in Washington.

My question is why? What is there to celebrate? 

The way Jospeh R. Biden treats the press - ignoring them at virtually every turn & refusing to hold any meaningful  news conferences shouldn't they instead have organized a boycot?

Biden is MIA

​Where oh where have all the journalists gone? 

May 1, 2024 11:56 am  #2

Re: Speaking of "spineless"...

Keep the partisan politics off of this board, please.

May 1, 2024 11:59 am  #3

I second that emotion.

May 1, 2024 1:45 pm  #4

I agree politics should not be discussed here ... but I don't understand unclefester's assertion that Biden ignores the media "at every turn."
Biden delivered a poignant and funny speech at the correspondent's dinner.
He also smiled and laughed at jokes at his expense from SNL's Colin Jost.
It is a fact that Trump refused to attend the the dinner when he was pres.

May 1, 2024 1:47 pm  #5

@RA .. the OP does this repeatedly; mocking your several requests to refrain from blatant political agitation.   Since he smugly refuses to comply, just lock (or delete) his political BS spew posts.    

*Edit*
or better yet, treat him like his idol .. fine him $1,000 for each violation of the Gag Order .. if that doesn't do the trick, Lock Him Up : )) .. 

Last edited by g121 (May 1, 2024 2:23 pm)

May 1, 2024 3:24 pm  #6

g121 wrote:

@RA .. the OP does this repeatedly; mocking your several requests to refrain from blatant political agitation.   Since he smugly refuses to comply, just lock (or delete) his political BS spew posts.    

*Edit*
or better yet, treat him like his idol .. fine him $1,000 for each violation of the Gag Order .. if that doesn't do the trick, Lock Him Up : )) .. 

I second THIS emotion.

May 1, 2024 6:35 pm  #7

Sleepy Joe Biden, he is hiding in his basement as he throws the kitchen sink at Trump and still is losing ground in the polls.

Trump 2024 baby! 

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

May 1, 2024 6:48 pm  #8

For the second time, keep the partisan politics off of this board, please.

Last edited by Forward Power (May 1, 2024 6:48 pm)

May 1, 2024 7:01 pm  #9

& a 2nd poster shows no respect for the forum or the admin .. no surprise they belong to the same cult .. be bold RA ..

May 1, 2024 7:02 pm  #10

g121 wrote:

& a 2nd poster shows no respect for the forum or the admin .. no surprise they belong to the same cult .. be bold RA ..

Yup. 

May 1, 2024 8:02 pm  #11

I like both of these posters, not because of their politics, but because they often make good points about broadcasting and other things we discuss here. And they're not usually mean, insulting or degrading to others.

So like the Speaker of the House, consider this a warning before you get a time out from the House of Commons. I really appreciate your cooperation.